Search This Blog
Saturday 16 April 2022
Tuesday 12 April 2022
- About Max and Miles and how they co-founded Oaktree Memorials
- How do Oaktree Memorials and Trust Loyal brands contrast?
- What is involved in the production of modern, contemporary memorial urns?
- Are they into memorial jewelry as well?
- For memorials, which is doing better, the human side or the pet side?
- What is in store for Max and Miles for the rest of 2022?
Connect with Jennifer/The Glam Reaper:
During the final disposition of the deceased, there are a variety of legal considerations that arise from some interesting, outrageous or even very intimate stories that you won’t believe actually happens for families and relations. For this reason, to avoid any disputes among the family members, it is critical to have some instructions written clearly on how to handle the remains. Jennifer sits down with Chris Farmer in this episode of The Glam Reaper to get some legal insights about the funeral industry and the people they serve. Chris has 15 years of experience in providing legal advice to funeral homes, cemeteries, crematoriums and industry suppliers throughout North America. Tune in to learn all the things you should (and should not do) so you don’t get sued in the funeral world!
LITTLE NUGGETS OF GOLD:
- Chris Farmer’s background as a lawyer and eventual role as the funeral industry's legal advisor
- Chris' thoughts on why there is a stigma around lawyers and funeral directors
- Some very interesting, outrageous and intimate cases that Chris has handled for the funeral industry (some of which you may not believe actually happened).
- Precautions funeral homes and crematoriums should take to protect themselves from litigation
- The importance of proper documentation before a cremation?
- Chris' insights on the new methods of disposition and what makes people gravitate to any of those
- The one thing Chris would change in the funeral industry
- Jennifer asks Chris a daring question on what his funeral song would be
- Some last thoughts Chris wants to share to the listeners